The Award & Eligibility
Fellows will receive stipends of $1,800 for pursuing a project addressing a local need related to education, community health and wellness, economic opportunity, environmental justice and/or immigration reform. Fellows will work with coaches to develop an action plan and identify an achievable milestone to be completed over the course of the 10-week Fellowship period. Civic Spring projects, or identified project milestones, should be completed by March 31, 2023.
Applications for the program are open to individuals; those interested in working with a partner or small team will need to apply separately but may indicate on the application that they plan to work together. Established connections with an outside group or organization are great, though not necessary.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a young person between the ages of 14-24.
- Reside in Arizona
- Be available to devote approximately 5 hours per week to the program (including independent work and participation in weekly meetings with peers and CSF coaches) between January and March 2023.
Stipends of $1,800 per youth participant will be provided in two installments. Civic Spring projects, or at minimum a complete action plan and milestone should be completed by March 31, 2023. Each Fellow will also be expected to submit a final report by May 1, 2023.
Applicants may propose a later completion and final report date. The extension must be proposed in the application. No additional funding will be available for extended projects.
- You are between the ages of 14-24.
- You reside in Arizona.
- Your project proposal addresses one or more of the prioritized areas: education, community health and wellness, economic opportunity, environmental justice, and/or immigration reform.
- You have confirmed that the issue or problem you want to address is a priority issue for/in your community.
- You have a vision for the kind of change you’d like to create for your community and some ideas for how you might go about creating this change.
- You have considered the obstacles/limitations that might get in your way and have a sense of how to overcome them.
- You have ideas about what success looks like to you.
- You are committed to bridging differences, connecting communities, and/or engaging in constructive dialogue with others to promote understanding.
- You can dedicate approximately 5 hours a week to your proposed project, from January through March 2023.
- You have access to technology that will allow you to reach out to individuals in the community, send emails and do independent work.
- You can commit to attending weekly meetings which will be scheduled with Coaches and Fellows and will contact your CSF Coach(es) ASAP if you need to miss a meeting.
- You can commit to regularly finding a place where you can fully participate in meetings with your camera on.