How to Apply
Citizens & Scholars uses an online application portal which requires an account. There is no fee to apply. If you bookmark the portal, you can log in any time to make changes.
Once you’ve created an account, the online application includes basic personal and professional information, long form application questions, and an area to upload your supplemental items. As you navigate through the different sections of the application, please be sure to click the “Save and Next” button. The left side of the screen enables you to jump to the different sections.
- On the online application, you will be asked to complete the following:
- Identify the priority area(s) you will focus on: Education, Community Health & Wellness, Economic Opportunity, Environmental Justice, Immigration Reform
- What issue or problem do you want to address in your community? How might you go about addressing the issue or problem? What do you think you can do in ten weeks? What might long-term success look like?
- Who are the people most impacted by the issue? What evidence do you have that this is an issue important to others? Approximate the number of people you want to reach and how you determined the number.
- How will you get information about the impact of your project (i.e., conduct a survey, focus groups, or interviews; run a public event, etc.)
Additional Materials Required:
- Media Release form
- Social media handles you’re willing to share (i.e., Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok, LinkedIn etc.)
- High resolution photo – not a selfie or altered or filtered photo please!
- VIDEO: 1-2 min video answering the following questions:
- Introduce yourself! Tell us your name, how old you are, where you are from, etc.
- Explain if the issue you’ve chosen impacts/has impacted you, your family, etc. and how
- Tell us what success looks like to you – what will be different because of your work? Who will be impacted?
- What worries or concerns you about taking on this issue?
- How might you engage those who oppose your issue/plan/project and why is that important?
- What do you want to learn from the Fellowship?
- What makes you feel hopeful or inspired?
Please take no more than one hour to develop your script, record the piece, and upload it to Vimeo or YouTube. Please keep the link unlisted (so it can remain private while allowing us to gain access) and share the URL with us in your application. It does not need to be perfect – it’s just another way to catch a glimpse of your vision.
If you need technical assistance with the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org